Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Book Spotlight: The Ball's In her Court

This past month I had the privilege of reading The Ball's In Her Court by Heather Justesen. When I started reading and discovered what the story was about, I wasn't sure I wanted to finish it because some of what the character goes through in the book, I know a lot about from my own childhood, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

The Book
Growing up in the foster care system was no picnic, but after being adopted into a loving LDS family, playing college basketball, and launching her career in the software industry, Denise Dewalt finally feels as though she s left her former life behind her. What she doesn t realize is that she must confront her past if she ever wants to move on to a brighter future. While her search for her biological family isn t an easy one, Denise s biggest fear is that even when she finds her family, she ll have nothing to give Rich, the only man who can see past the tragedies of her childhood. This emotional and inspirational story proves that life is full of unexpected twists and turns especially when it comes to facing your demons, fighting for love, and finding happiness for the future. The Ball s in Her Court will keep you hooked to the very last page.

Heather really tugs at your heart with this story. It left me uplifted and helped renew my knowledge that with the Lord, there is nothing we can't overcome, and we are all special and loved.
To learn more about Heather and her book, log on to Cedarfort.com

Download your free copy of The Journey and Place In This World by clicking on the links to the right!

2 comments:

Heather Justesen said...

Thanks for the review, Jewel! I'm glad you liked it!

Miss Mae said...

A really great review! Congrats, Heather. :)