Monday, May 12, 2008

Exciting Time

It's almost that time! A summer of excitement is about the begin for me! The release date of my new novel, The Journey has been moved up. The launch date is now Monday, June 2nd. I've had so many people ask and email me about it, I decided to not deprive my old, and new fans any longer:o)

This novel is very near and dear to me and I hope you and your youth will love it as much as I do. Heck, it's the first novel I've written that my kids will actually read. Now that I've written a fantasy, they think I'm cool.

Full Summer

With the release of my book and preparing once again for a house full of neighborhood kids, I'll probably gain a few more gray hairs, but since I'm beyond counting them now, that's okay. Our house really is the summer hot spot. Kids of various ages congregate on our front and back lawn like pigeons. And turning the water on is like throwing bread to a couple of seagulls. You start with two, then out of nowhere, they suddenly multiply. That's okay, too. It keeps the grass green. By the end of the day I'm collecting discarded clothes from various parts of the lawn, and trying to identify the owners, which is a joke. No wonder parents are constantly buying new clothes for their kids. I could hold a sale and sell them all back to them and make some extra summer cash.
Naw, I wouldn't do that. Nice thought, though. Isn't summer grand?

Thought For The Week

"Teach us delight in simple things,
and mirth that hath no bitter springs."

Rudyard Kipling

No comments: