Monday, September 14, 2009

Dano the Mano!

Today I have been having a major blog-writing block today, so a little while ago, my 14 year old son happened to be in the room and I asked him what I should write about. He said, and these are his words, "Write about me, because I'm cool and people want to hear about me." And this coming from a kid who always gives one-word answers, has a very sneaky smile, and has at least two spastic moments a day. (Wait, actually all my kids have spastic moments!)
So I dedicate today's blog to my son, Daniel, the coolest 6'2, lanky 14 year old I know:-)

Suggested Reading

Book: The Birthright
Author: Loralee Evans
The Book
As a young girl, Miriam must flee her home in a Lamanite village to escape her birthright—to be offered as a sacrifice to the Lamanite gods. During her flight in the deep jungles, Miriam crosses paths with Jacob, a young Nephite soldier who saves her life and leads her to safety among the Nephites. Years later, now a young woman, Miriam meets Jacob again. She is surprised to find that the sisterly affection she felt for him so long ago has developed into something deeper. But before she or Jacob can discover their true feelings for one another, war comes to the lands of the Nephites, and both Miriam and Jacob find themselves thrown into a whirlwind of struggles. As they fight to keep their faith alive, they are drawn even closer together.

I've read this book several times and I enjoy the story more each time I read it:-)

1 comment:

Shirley Bahlmann said...

Oh, yeah, that is a cool book! Lots of action and great characterization!
And I hope you pull Dano the Mano's face down every once in awhile for a Momma-loves-you kiss! (Or sneak up on him when he's sleeping... I have experience in these things!)