Saturday, April 26, 2008

Loving Life

I pretty much live by the motto, "What we think about, we bring about," so even when life throws those grape juice splattered on a white shirt or red Jello smeared on a clean carpet moments, I try to think about the things I'm grateful for. If I get a run in my stocking while I'm out, I'm grateful that my legs are shaved and look good enough to go without them. If we get a flat tire, I'm thankful for a spare. If one of our rambunctious boys accidentally knocks a hole in the wall while horse-playing, after taking a deep breath and counting to a thousand, I'm thankful for the plaster and paint we keep on hand.

I began a gratitude journal at the beginning of the year and I told myself that I would write something in it each day. That was the plan. Well, despite missing a few days here and there, I still keep moments of gratitude for things in my mind. For instance, sometimes I'm grateful for the person in front of me who is driving slower than molasses, because it teaches me patience. (Of course, when I'm in a serious hurry, it's a different story.)Sometimes I'm thankful for the long line I stand in at the store, because not only do you get to read about the Roswell woman who gave birth to the twenty-five pound, two-headed baby, you get the opportunity to talk with people you've probably never seen before and may never see again. Each moment of life is an opportunity and we get to choose what we do with them.
So my challenge for you is this: Look for those gratitude moments. They're there, believe me, even when you don't think they are, and the more you look for them, the more you will recognize them.

Thought For The Week

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
Marianne Williamson


Take that quote to heart and remember just how amazing you are!

Summer is just around the corner, and so is the release date of The Journey!

No comments: