Monday, June 23, 2008

Knowing Who You Are

I have a daughter who is about to turn 18 and will be leaving for college in August. How we will miss her around the house! She is one of the bubbliest teenagers I know with a smile that lights up the room the minute she walks in. She is pretty sure of herself as well and frequently lets me know how fortunate I am to be blessed with her as my daughter.
Well, her exact words are: "Mom, you know I'm just so amazing. I'm beautiful, talented, lovely, and HUMBLE. The sun shines brighter, the stars twinkle more, the grass is greener, and the flowers are more beautiful because I'm here. Shoot, Mom, you even look good because you had me:o)"

Now mind you, I know she's just joking around when she gets into her "Gaston" mode, but truthfully, she really is all of those things and more, but more importantly, she knows exactly who she is-a treasured daughter of God. She never focuses on what she isn't, but what she is. She truly does make the world better because she is here, and I have no doubt she will take Snow College by storm when she gets there.

We need to focus on our best qualities, then let out own light shine and say "Yes, I am a pretty incredible person, aren't I?"

Suggested Reading

The Door Within
Author: Wayne Thomas Batson
Publisher: Thomas Nelson Inc

Back Cover
Three ancient scrolls beckon Aidan Thomas to enter another world. A realm of knights, warriors, kings, unusual creatures, and mysterious Glimpses who can travel between worlds.
Soon Aidan is training to become the twelfth knight of an elite unit who will join Alleble in its long fight against the evil Paragory. With the fate of two worlds hanging in the balance, will Aidan be willing to risk everything and trust the one true king?

This was a great book and as soon as I finished it, I jumped right into the second book in the series.

The Journey Has Begun!

Read What Reviewers Are Saying About The Journey

By placing morals and eternal truths into the fabric of a fictional story, J. Adams reaches readers who ordinarily wouldn't sit down to read a religious book. Especially targeted to young women in the hopes that they will realize their eternal worth, "The Journey" is definitely a book I will pass on to my daughter.

Tristi Pinkston, author of
Strength To Endure

This is a great story, as old as time, that will keep you entranced until you turn the last page. The story is strong and compelling. I picked it up last night and didn't put it down until I was done. She has a unique way of telling a story that pulls you in, creating a clear and distinct picture in your mind as the story moves forward.
This is a must read and a book I will recommend to everyone.

Candace Salima, author of
Forged In The Refiner's Fire

To order, log on to http://www.jadamsnovels.com

2 comments:

ali cross said...

What you wrote about your daughter was beautiful Jewel. I think SHE'S lucky to have YOU.

I can't wait to read your book - looks awesome!

Jewel's Gems said...

Thanks, Ali:o)