Sunday, March 15, 2009

Opportunity Is In Everything

Albert Einstein said, "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity." Winston Churchill said, "The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." There is a great truth in these words.

Everything we go through in life contains a learning experience. The trick is taking hold of those experiences, recognizing them, and internalizing them. Life's lessons, whether good or bad, are our greatest opportunities because we grow from them. They shape us and mold us into the people we are or the people we want to be.

So,when adversity and trials arise, instead of saying, "Why did this have to happen to me," think, "This happened, now what am I going to do with it?"
Whenever people ask me if I would change things in my life if I could go back, I say no. Why would I? I would never want to miss the opportunities that came from the trials or miss the lessons learned.

Just a little something to think about when you face each new day:o)

Suggested Reading

Book: Confessions Of A Completely In*sane Mother
Author: Kersten Campbell

The Book
Welcome to the world of Kersten Campbell! She s a mother of 5 children, a devoted wife, and an extremely enthusiastic homemaker. As she strives to have sanity in her crazy household, Campbell infuses her humor in every situation that she comes up against. Whether its her two-year-old creating a mushroom cloud of powdered milk in the kitchen or trying to sleep in a tent with five children on a campout, Campbell works with her family to overcome their problems and find laughter in all situations.

Humorist Kersten Campbell expertly writes on the escapades of daily life that any woman can relate to. With subjects ranging from zucchini crime to selling rocks to the neighbors, this book is sure to please any mother who is overwhelmed, tired, frustrated, bored, or ultimately happy.

Mothers and grandmothers everywhere will find therapy and comfort through the humor of these hilarious escapades.

This book definitely made me smile and sometimes laugh out loud. I can relate to so many of the situations in the book, and I'm sure many other mothers can as well. I love Kersten's sense of humor in how she faces each new crazy situation with her family, as well as the quirky trials of womanhood. From getting a haircut to going camping with the family to preparing for a talk, there is no way you can read these little stories and not come away feeling this lady is a kindred spirit:o)
Get your copy of Confessions Of A Completely In*sane Mother today! You'll be glad you did.

1 comment:

JoAnn Arnold said...

appreciated your words of wisdom. Well said.

I'm excited to say that I'll be reading Kersten's book in a few days.