Monday, August 10, 2009

Love Is . . .

This week is my wedding anniversary, and as I sit and think back over the years and the triumphs and trials that my husband and I have faced, at times it seems like only yesterday that it was our wedding day, but then at other times it feels like we have been together forever.

When I look at my husband I see love. When I look at my children I see the love we have shared all these years.
What is love to me?

Love is:

patient
kind
forgiving
considerate
sacrificing
humility (Being able to say you're sorry and mean it.)

Simply put, real love is unconditional, and it is forever.
Those are all the things I see when I look at my husband.

Thanks, Sean, for the best and happiest 20 years of my life.
I love you!

Suggested Reading
Book: By Love or By Sea
Author: Rachel Rager

The Book
When a mysterious and ragged sailor appears in the seaside town where Alice Lind Frank lives with her grandparents, Alice is shocked to learn that the sailor is her childhood love, Caleb, who she thought was lost at sea. She yearns to trust him again, but what about her plans to marry Clarence Hielott, the wealthy shipyard owner? When Clarence exposes the secrets of Caleb s past, Alice realizes that the boy she once knew is now a man with a dark history. Can she trust Caleb with her heart once again? And what will she do about Clarence? Find out in this thrilling and adventurous love story.

If you like a good old fashioned love story with a little mystery, this is a book you'll love. It is easy reading with characters that tug at the heart. I read this book in a day and it's on my list of books to read again soon:-)
Get your copy of By Love or By Sea from Amazon.com or Cedarfort.com

3 comments:

Shirley Bahlmann said...

Wow, nice post, and good reminders of love everlasting!

Rachel Harlin said...

Thanks for the review! How nice! And congrats on your anniversary! May you have many more love-filled years!
Rachel Rager

JoAnn Arnold said...

Our wedding anniversary is Aug. 25th. We will be celebrating 48 years of marriage. I totally agree with you. Love carries the banner. Thank you for sharing.