Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Year, and Lots of Fun Suprises In Store For Fans!

Thought for Today
"I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position one has reached in life as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed." Booker T Washington


Thanks to all of my amazing fans, last year was a banner one in the writing department. The creative juices flowed and I released quite a few stories. This year will be even better!
I appreciate all of the support I've received from my readers. As I have said many times, you inspire me, and you're the reason I keep writing. Thanks so much for your emails sharing your thoughts and feelings about my books. I appreciate them more than I can express, and I am touched and amazed each time I read about the way the stories have affected you and how you've connected with the characters in some way. I hope and pray I can continue to write the stories you enjoy.

Now, on to the fun things I have planned for the year.
First, starting this weekend, I will be featuring podcasts where I will be talking about writing, reading excerpts from my books and briefly discussing them. I will feature the books of other authors as well. This is something I've wanted to do for a while and this is the year I will finally make it happen. Each podcast link will be listed on the blog sidebar so you can come back and listen whenever you choose.

Second, I will be releasing the final short story in the Passionate Hearts Novelette series, then releasing a the paperback of the entire collection. That way you'll have all of the emotion-driven mini romances in in one volume! How fun is that?
I will also be releasing more Legacy novelettes, as well as another Against the Odds novelette, and who knows how many more little trinkets I'll have in store for you guys?

We're going to have more contests and giveaways, and as always, I will include positive thoughts for the day.
So, to kick things into gear, tell me one of your goals for the new year. Leave a comment along with your email address and I'll send you a free ecopy of The Sound of Love, the newest short story in the Passionate Hearts Novelette series.

Happy New Year!

8 comments:

DanielleThorne said...

Wonderful quote and Happy New Year. Can't wait to follow your podcasts. Interesting and fun!

Vicki said...

It was a good year, wasn't it! I am still working on my weight, and planning ahead to a tree for the Festival of Trees in December. It will need to be special, because it will be honoring our daughter's 10th year of her passing the veil.

Sandy L. Rowland said...

Look at you, busy girl!
And congrats on the next in the series.
Always a positive read with you.

Thanks.

Anna del C. Dye said...

It sounds like a year full of of great things, Jewel. Best to you always. It was awesome to meet you finally last weekend. :)
Anna del C.
Author of "The Silent Warrior Trilogy"
http://www.annadelc.com

Marie Higgins said...

Jewel, you are on FIRE!! I'm excited for all you have planned this year. I did my first podcast on wattpad the other day, but they're not going to post it until the first part of Feb. I'm excited to see how that turns out.

Good luck with everything you have planned. I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Jewel you are absolutely awesome. You have inspired me to follow in your in footsteps. I have a new mystery series coming out (novellas), 1 this month, 1 next month and 1 in the works. I have all ready released the beginning of a novella series Me, My Family and God and A Still Small Voice with Daughter of God and Great and Good Men in the works. All this thanks to you. One day, I hope to inspire readers as you have.

Painter Home for Boys All Points Bulletin said...

Plan to get my priorities strait and make sure I'm concentrating and putting my energies where they need to be. Trying not to get distracted by little things along the way that won't matter in the long run.

IQuilt4Fun said...

Hi Jewel, it's Annette! Love what you've done with your blog page! Thanks for the wonderful updates.