Monday, November 23, 2009

Yes, We All Make A Difference, No Matter What

Yesterday was a very down day for me. I felt more down than I have in a very long time. It was a day where I very prone to tears and wondered if I have really made a difference in the world. I know, I know, I'm always talking of being positive and recognizing your worth, but even I have moments when I feel down and wonder if I'm contributing anything of value, if I'm being a good enough wife, a good enough mother, and a good enough daughter of God.

It's so easy to feel overwhelmed these days. Mix that with worry and an emotional hormone surge and it's not pretty.

But at the end of the day I began again to remember what's important, why I'm here. And I felt better. I reminded myself that we all have days, and moments. When those times do come, if we could just remember we aren't alone, and the sorrow won't last forever, we will begin to be all right.

Suggested Reading

Book: Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder
Author: Obert Skye

The Book
In the fifth and final volume of the epic saga of Leven Thumps, all of Foo is rushing madly to exit the realm of dreams while Leven is headed in the opposite direction. Fate snatches him to the island of Alder, where he is poised to pass or fail the final test.
Meanwhile, in Reality, Ezra and Dennis are welcoming those flowing out of Foo— but only so they can selfishly conquer them and gain control of both realms. Phoebe is loose, and it takes Geth getting ahold of her to begin to balance the emotions and passions of all that is crumbling. And Winter? Well, Winter just might hold the answer to everything. Ride with Leven and Clover as they travel through the ruins of Alder hoping he has what it takes to save all mankind and restore the power of dreams.

As much as I hated to see this series end, it was indeed a great ending and an exciting and enjoyable read. What's even better is the promise of a spin-off series at the end of the book:-)

Download your free copy of The Journey and Place In This World by clicking on the links to the right!

1 comment:

Deirdra A. Eden said...

Jewel, I've gotta tell you that I look up to you so much!
You are such an inspiration to everyone who meets you.
It gives me encouragement knowing that even you have down days like the rest of us, but you get right back up and keep fighting.
~Deirdra